Each day is a little life.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005



The day Paloma was born, my brother-in-law's father died. My sister Allison said the following week that she expects Paloma to take his place on this earth as a philanthropist.

So far, while she is a peaceful baby, as her name would suggest, Paloma's presence has not caused domestic tranquility around here.

Carmen & Gabriel were both sick when she arrived. (Carmen's been sick three times in the month since school started!)Keeping them away from her for the first two weeks was difficult, especially because they weren't receiving the attention they are accustomed to.

When we went shopping to redeem a gift certificate, I held up a cute little (Paloma-sized) outfit to show Carmen and she frowned at me. Later, I showed her something in her size and she said, "Is that for Paloma or for me?" When I answered that it was for her, she dropped the attitude.

And after a stranger oohed and ahhed over Paloma in SuperTarget, Gabriel remarked that he didn't like it when people say Paloma is cute. However, the way he fusses over her is very cute. He says her name, "Pa-LOOOO-ma" and cracks us up.

We have enjoyed over a week of dinners, meals on wheels provided by several friends from church and work as well as my sister Amy. But again, the kids are getting a little testy because things aren't the normal or routine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

sx