Each day is a little life.

Friday, June 16, 2006



It's a good thing I had almost caught up with this blog last week--pictures, anyway, which is what takes me the longest. I had to quit reading all of my favorite blogs to get that accomplished.

The reason it's good is there is so much new to say!

On Friday, what I considered my first day of summer, Carmen's wiggly tooth caused her gums to start bleeding when she bit down on a BANANA at lunch. She was scared of all the blood but did NOT want me to pull the tooth. Truth be told I didn't really want to pull it anyway! We decided to go to the library and get some books to read on the subject.

While we were at the library looking for the books we'd found listed in the catalog, her tooth came out!

Also on Friday, Gabriel decided to write "MOMMY" for the first time and he did it without any help. Should I be concerned he's more interested in writing my name than his? He can read a lot of words and is approaching reading in an almost completely different way than Carmen (considering they've been exposed in basically identical ways to reading and environmental print).

This weekend he also was able to keep David's fathers' day gifts a secret (he's not been able to keep a secret before).

In my writing class over the last couple of weeks, I wrote a great deal, including a piece I've wanted to write since December.

Need to get a picture of Paloma headbanging--intentionally ramming her head into vertical surfaces like our headboard.

Her newest words: Mamama ball car

Also need a picture of Carmen carrying Paloma, although it scares me... she's getting better. Usually don't feel confident enough/ want it to last long enough to take a picture!

sx