Each day is a little life.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Last night I had a crown break/ fall out. This morning I called the dentist and they said to come in within the hour and they'd fit me in, but I couldn't do that on short notice, especially because I was expecting to be observed (which still didn't happen--this makes 3 times now!).

So now my tongue, which has been tortured all day by a sharp piece of metal sticking out, is killing me. Everything hurts, especially talking. I'm going to the dentist tomorrow afternoon, getting a half-day sub.

Today we nearly had a computer crisis--our cd burner quit working and I had to get help from another teacher to burn a cd when my rep came to get our pages. It is one problem after another with the journalism lab with its old computers, mainly because there are almost no Macs left in the district and also little Mac knowledge left in IT.

A year ago today, I was in Jim's office telling him we were doomed. I don't feel much better this year, although I have a better staff.

On a positive note, Gabe starts Bell preschool again tomorrow and this time I know all four of the students who'll be his "teachers" for the next three weeks.

And, my friend Amy wrote me today that she started a blog! My prostheletyzing is working!

sx