Each day is a little life.

Monday, February 06, 2006

This morning before I even left the house for school, my cell phone rang and it was one of my editors, Morgan, calling to tell me horrible news. I still can't believe it. This whole day has seemed like a dream sequence.

One of my former yearbook staffers was killed in a car wreck early this morning. Jordan Weryavah graduated from Bell last year and was a freshman at Stephen F. Austin. She was beautiful, smart, and artistic. Her mom, Jan, is a good friend of mine that I've worked with at both Bell and Hurst for the past 7 years. Last year, Jordan used to go out for lunch and bring back lunch for her mom & me.

Very little information has been available so far, but the two reports I've seen have conflicting info:

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/13804743.htm
http://www.nbc5i.com/news/6783530/detail.html

I am just sick, and so sad.

It's the last week of the trimester. Grades are due, yearbook pages are due, final exams start on Wednesday, so this morning I had a great deal to do, but suddenly, nothing seemed very important anymore. How fragile life is, how fleeting. Last week Jan was excited that Jordan was coming home for the weekend. Now her life will never be the same.

My prayers are with Jan and Jordan's older sister, Kellen.

sx