Each day is a little life.

Saturday, January 14, 2006






More drawings to share:

A card from Carmen to make me feel better (because of my tooth--I'm getting a crown on Monday). (That's Gabe on the red couch with the pillows all stacked up.)

I had to move the last sentence because she's reading aloud as she is watching me type and although I tried to explain what parentheses do, it was too confusing when it was in the middle of the first sentence.

Next I had to stop and explain what a crown is!

Next, The Cat in the Hat (we are all-Seuss, all the time these days, including what Carmen checks out of the library every week... speaking of which, has anybody heard of Gerald McBoingBoing? I first saw him on Tickle U with Gabe during maternity leave, then come to find out he is vintage Dr. Seuss and he had a full-length film in the 50s! He is a little boy who makes noises instead of talking--great, sound effect-type noises! Reminds me of the guy in Police Academy--that's actually all I remembered about that movie!)

And finally, another Backyardigans picture (inspired by her Christmas present from Charis et al--thanks, guys!). If you'd like to know more about our favorite characters or the show, click here:

  • The Backyardigans


  • The Backyardigans blog


  • Besides drawing and writing incessantly, Carmen is also obsessed with playing the piano. Yesterday she was downstairs playing before anyone else was out of bed.
    Her first song was "Away in a Manger", but now she is picking things out and reading the music with colored dots that came with our Chimalong Jr. (great in-tune xylophones made by Woodstock chimes). I wish our piano could stay in tune, but even more than that, I wish we could encourage this interest with classes or lessons.

    Funny things she & Gabe have said recently:

    "I thought you had very good remembers." --Carmen (when I said I forgot something)
    "Paloma has pink teeth!" --Gabe

    sx