Each day is a little life.

Monday, April 03, 2006

In the novel Beloved, Toni Morrison's protagonist refers to her baby as "crawling-already". I don't know why this story sticks with me, but partially because it was so awful. I was the first person to check the book out of the library at A&M... you know back when they stamped the paper in the back inside cover of the book? It had to be 1990 or before. Anyway, Beloved (the book, of course much better than the movie) is the story of Sethe, a former slave who kills one of her children to protect her from being taken back into slavery--and this character was based on a true story Morrison read about.

All of this to say, how is my baby girl crawling already? I have not been escaping from slavery, but I swear I feel like I have missed so much. She is really starting to be able to get around!










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

sx