Each day is a little life.

Thursday, November 16, 2006


Today I missed my first class (thanks, Kelly!) to see and videotape Carmen's Spanish Immersion program and David made it too, so we orchestrated a four-camera shoot like we did for her Kindergarten program. Unfortunately I was sitting between Kindergarteners on the floor with my tripod and every kid around me kept bumping it or playing with the strap, their velcro fasteners on their shoes, etc. Should be GREAT video. Jackie brought Gabe & Paloma.

Tonight they performed again for the parents. David, Dad & I shot video (along with a stationary camera in back and another dad shooting the peanut gallery). Mom had Gabe & Paloma this time and said Paloma clapped at every opportunity. Afterwards she walked around in her squeaky shoes and tried to climb on the stage (it did look like fun!).


The first part was a play (Carmen was a sailor on Christopher Columbus' ship)


followed by songs (they dressed as mice to sing Susanita)



and ending with the 1st graders as Meadow Creek Mariachi. Her friend Serena was the singer. Now Carmen wants to learn some mariachi songs to sing in Spanish. So there's a gift idea! Mariachi karaoke, anyone? Or maybe Canciones de mi Padre? I've always wanted to get those CDs, and now I have an excuse.

It was really sweet when Gabe took Carmen a bouquet of Mexican paper flowers after the program was over, but I missed the shot when another parent stepped in front of me.

Here's Paloma trying to get on the stage after it ended!


When I got home, I kept thinking, next year, we could do such & such... crazy!

The teachers & kids pulled it off and we were very pleased.

1 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adorable! I especially love the Susanita mouse! I'm so glad you got to see both performances.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

sx