Each day is a little life.

Thursday, February 22, 2007


Speak Up: Responding to Everyday Bigotry

I read this book on the day of the TAKS even though there was a big deal made about "Active Monitoring" this year. I was a very active monitor this year, but this book has 1 or 2 page chapters, so it was easy to read between trips around the room. In the past, apparently some people didn't do a very good job proctoring the exam, so now we all have to act like security guards during the test.

I want to write more about this book, but it is going to take me a while and I'm power blogging today, finishing a LOT of drafts I'd saved over the past month. I'm not letting myself slow down more than 5 minutes or so per post. (Most of them had pictures waiting for me to write something to go with them. Posting pictures only takes a finger or two, which I can do still when Paloma nurses, but I cannot type when she is awake, period: she is too interested in the computer and pushing ANY kind of buttons on ANY kind of electronics.)

Anyway, if you're interested, you can download the book at the link above.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

sx