Each day is a little life.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Our Mother's Day gift for Mom

From: Amy
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 14:48:10 -0500
To: Allison , Angi
Subject: Photo Op

I still would like to arrange to have our pictures made… just the 3 of us would be fine with me b/c I'm sure arranging anything more than that will be next to impossible.

This was supposed to be my Mother's day present to Mom…. I still never got her anything.

When can y'all do it -- I figured if it is just the 3 of us, we could be a lot more flexible not having to worry about tired / hungry / grumpy kids or anything like that - we could even do a week night or something???

Let me know what your schedules look like over the next week or 2.

Thanks.
Love, amy


From: Allison
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2007 8:54 AM
To: Amy
Subject: RE: Can I email you here?

I‚m pretty open. I would just like to do it sometime after I get my hair done. I have an appt with Deena on Sat @ 12:30. So whatever works best for you and Angi is fine ˆ I think ya‚ll have more things going on than me.

Allison

On 8/2/07 1:11 PM, Amy wrote:

Angi - how about you


From: Angi
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2007 4:33 PM
To: Amy
Cc: Allison
Subject: Re: picture?

Ok. Sorry, we haven‚t been home much this week and I didn‚t reply...
My face is horrible right now but should be cleared up by next week, I hope.
Do you have a color scheme in mind?
If we go to Portrait Innovations, I want to bring Paloma (if you didn‚t see my post about that, I don‚t have a matching pic to go with C & G).
Oh, I work Weds & Thurs next week. Could still do Weds. I suppose but not Thurs., we‚re going to the circus.
Any other evening is probably fine.
Angi

On 8/3/07 8:53 AM, Amy wrote:

Yes, I was thinking Portrait Innovations. Their studio hours are: Tuesday - Sunday 9 am - 6 pm

Is this weekend out for y'all? We don't have anything going on -- except the normal errands and stuff. We could do Saturday evening, like 4 or 5? Or even Sunday sometime -- although Sundays are usually pretty busy. Since they close at 6 pm, I guess it would be harder for me on a weekday unless I took off early. If we can nail a time down, i'll see if i can get an appointment.

From: Angi
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2007 9:30 AM
To: Amy
Subject: Re: picture?

Yeah, that‚s fine I guess. It‚s just my face. But see what‚s available tomorrow.

From: Amy
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 09:31:58 -0500
To: Angi
Subject: RE: picture?

oh, forgot about your face. okay - well we can wait if you want.


From: Angi
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2007 9:47 AM
To: Amy
Subject: Re: picture?

That‚s alright, it‚s always something. It‚s way better than it was the other day already. Go ahead and see if you can get a 4 or 5 tomorrow. I won‚t be bringing Paloma, though. She hurt her face at Pump it Up and has a big ol scab on her face!


From: Amy
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 09:48:48 -0500
To: Angi
Subject: RE: picture?

okay - well, i really need to get M&M pictures made sometime soon too, so you could bring P when i do that.

From: Amy
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2007 12:30 PM
To: Allison
Cc: Angi
Subject: RE: picture?

i was able to get a 5:30 appt tomorrow. if i need to cancel i can.



From: Allison
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2007 2:09 PM
To: Amy
Subject: RE: picture?
Ok, sounds good. Is that the one by Market street?


Allison

From: Amy
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2007 2:10 PM
To: Allison
Cc: Angi
Subject: RE: picture?

yes, that's right.
what should we wear?



From: Allison
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 14:34:18 -0500
To: Amy
Cc: Angi
Subject: RE: picture?

I have no idea… let me know what ya’ll decide. I’m sure Angi will think of something but I reserve the right to veto if she wants us to dress up as some kind of candy or circus person.

Allison

****
So... I spent a couple of hours getting a color scheme together (which they made me change, BTW) and we went to have our pictures made on Saturday evening, the 4th. As I pulled up in the parking lot, we ran into MOM! She was going to Market Street. So it didn't take her long to figure out the "surprise".

The photographer was less professional and less friendly than the ones we usually have there. She put us on a tan background at one point so all of our hair blended into the background, for instance. She didn't even try to get us to smile or let us know when she was going to shoot when we were all wearing black, so we didn't buy any of those shots.

These are the ones we eventually picked:



So, Happy Mother's Day, Mom! We love you!

2 Comments:

At 6:31 PM, Blogger Chrys and Mike said...

you crack me up. great pics.

so fun to see you guys today.

love you.

chrys

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

Ahhh, sisters! Makes me kinda sad that I don't have one. That was a great story.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

sx