Each day is a little life.

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Please pray

We've been to Mr. Don's Whistle Stop twice this year for birthday parties. This is what his web site used to look like:


I wanted us to go sometime when we could take their cousins (from California) who LOVE trains. Here is a video that the local news did about his place:


However, in the past three weeks, we've heard rumors and allegations that the man who owns & runs Mr. Don's Whistle Stop in his backyard has been accused of molesting several children during the birthday parties.

We were shocked to hear this, of course. I had recently been back there for another party (this time with Gabe and Paloma because Carmen was at soccer).

My friend Abbey called in tears saying she had a picture of Carmen sitting next to the guy on one of the train rides. At first, I just couldn't imagine the rumors could be true. Abbey was ready to hang the guy by his toenails. She was feeling awful, responsible for endangering her kids and the kids of all of her friends. She's been upset every time she sees anything that reminds her of that party (which was one of the best ever, even for her parties which are always amazing).

So I asked Carmen a few questions. Her first reaction was, "Why in the world are you asking me that!?!?" I felt confident she was not a victim in any way.

Paloma had only ridden on the train once at each party, and each time I had placed her with an older child to keep her safe (Maddie, Abbey's oldest, and Marshall, another friend of ours).

And I didn't worry about Gabriel since the original allegations were about young girls, I think they said aged 2-5.

But other parents may not be so lucky.

It is so shocking to think someone would do such a thing out in the open with parents all around, horrible but I guess a great setup for a pedophile to run such a business--it's so perfect for young children.

Anyway I would appreciate prayers for all of the people touched by this story, but mostly for the children who may have been hurt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

sx