Each day is a little life.

Sunday, January 20, 2008

A pain in the a*#!

I had never given much thought to this phrase. I just figured it meant any old pain, a bother or a nuisance of some sort.

But lately I have experienced a pain that has brought new meaning to the words! There is a reason people use it. Let me just tell you, it is no ordinary pain.

The good news is I don't have it all of the time, just when I overexert myself. That's what I get for gaining so much weight already. That, heartburn and snoring. Not that I'm complaining. This has been an easy pregnancy.

This from Wikipedia:
Sciatica may also be experienced in late pregnancy, primarily resulting from the uterus pressing on the sciatic nerve, and, secondarily, from the muscular tension and / or vertebral compression consequent to carrying the extra weight of the fetus, and the postural changes inherent to pregnancy.

My doctor said it can get worse; it can cause shooting pains down the leg, in which case she would put me on bed rest for two or three days. So I'm trying to behave myself. You know, exercise less, blog more. (o;

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

sx