Each day is a little life.

Friday, September 19, 2008

Spilt milk

Whoever said "Don't cry over spilt milk" was not a breastfeeding, working mother who sacrificed every spare solitary second of the work day pumping breastmilk to feed her ravenous baby.

Before our only afternoon pep rally, (they're usually in the morning) I decided to take my pump to my classroom after I'd used it for the last time. I did not know until I returned almost an hour later that I had knocked it over, spilling over 12 ounces of liquid gold. It was everywhere, and I cried as I cleaned it up.

Of course my principal stuck his head in the door about this time. "Are you okay?" I swear, he must think I am unstable. I think he has seen me every time I have cried in the past 8 years (that's how long I've worked for him, minus one year when he changed schools before I did). "Yes," I lied, laughing, "you don't want to know!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

sx