Each day is a little life.

Saturday, November 05, 2005



I haven't written about it before, but we love The Backyardigans, and they are truly a part of our lives these days. We collected all of the episodes on Tivo and we listen to the cd in the car. I've also collected a number of songs their songs are patterned after. Apparently a LOT of grown-ups besides me love the Backyardigans. It is a kind of opera or Broadway musical for the preschool set, and each new episode features a different theme and a different musical genre. I was cracking up as I read other adults' comments on this blog:
  • The Backyardigans blog


  • Carmen wrote the following in her spiral today:

    "I clet up my room my dad was so happy I clet up drrec daddy and Gabriel got brefes my dad was so happy I mat hem happy
    I mad my bed and I pot the tos a wa I fodded my cos I pot te books a wa he was prowd ov me and I was happy to and he gav me a secr."

    And I (Angi) was so happy that I could decipher all but one word--drrec.

    Here is the translation for those of you who haven't read Kindergartenese in a while:
    I cleaned up my room, My dad was so happy. I cleaned up during [while] Daddy and Gabriel got breakfast. My dad was so happy. I made him happy! I made my bed and I put the toys away, I folded my clothes, I put the books away. He was proud of me and I was happy, too, and he gave me a sticker."

    She really did do all of those things this morning, but the last part of that is not true; he didn't give her a sticker-- just wishful thinking!

    sx