Each day is a little life.

Saturday, February 24, 2007

We started the day at one of my favorite events of the year: the Book Swap! Free books!

Next, we ate at Jason's Jelly, remarking on our way out at what a BEAUTIFUL day it was--the sky so blue.

After lunch, I suggested to David (in code) that I wanted to look into the possibility of going to see a show.

I got home and looked on eBay and Ticketmaster to see if we could get tickets to see Elmo Makes Music/ Sesame Street Live.

See, the thing was, a few weeks ago, the kids heard an advertisement (during the news--they usually don't see commercials otherwise) for Elmo Makes Music-- and the commercial said, Enter to win tickets! Their interest piqued, I looked it up and there was a color-to-win (in a drawing) contest. I printed out 5 of the entry forms and the kids colored theirs very carefully, Carmen believing the contest would be won by the person who colored the best. David, the overachiever, colored his in Photoshop.

I filled out the envelopes and got stamps the same day the kids colored theirs. But I think that was on Presidents' Day. So the mail wasn't going out. So I put them in the napkin holder on the kitchen table. Where they stayed until past the contest drawing date.

Meanwhile, the kids would occasionally mention something about the Elmo show.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

sx