Each day is a little life.

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Paloma's sentences




The first few sentences she uttered, I thought she had just memorized.

At the top of the stairs: "I carry you."

In the highchair: What happened, Paloma? "I dropped it."

Jackie said she says, "I pretty" to the mirror, and "I run fast!" in the yard.

But I've been noticing more and more of them.

Last night, the kids were playing in the dark in the bunkbed with a glow-in-the-dark circus toy. As I walked in the room, I heard her say to Carmen & Gabriel, "I turn, pees (please)!" "Give it!"

This morning before I was fully awake, she said, "I climb you!" (And she was crawling on top of my back.)

And this isn't a sentence, but it was funny. A few nights ago, actually early in the morning, she called from her crib: "Angi! . . . Ang! . . . Mommy! . . . Mom! . . . Angi . . ." and so on. She didn't get mad or upset. She just kept calling, standing up in her crib in the dark until I went to get her.

Last night she didn't fall asleep nursing. It's one of the first times. (She's been hurting me lately, so sometimes I tell her it's all gone or change the subject when she asks, "Milk, please?" or "Much!"--her earlier word for milk.) Instead, she requested song after song, wanting David and me to sing to her. "Spider", "ABCs", "Star", "Horse" (a.k.a. "Giddyup") "Woods" (Little Cabin in the) and the Barney song (we don't know where she learned it--she doesn't see Barney at home--but it's still cute). She especially enjoys songs with motions. We did "There was a little turtle/ who lived in a box/ he swam in a puddle/ he climbed on the rocks" (etc.) many, many times last night.



Here she is doing the Chicken Dance or the Hokey Pokey at Carmen's Sock Hop last week--very cute. She STUDIED the moves on the dance floor and tried to do them all. She is musically inclined like Carmen was; she pretends to play the piano on any surface, sings to herself, loves to dance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

sx