Each day is a little life.

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Abundance

Somehow we still had presents under the tree after all of the official celebrations. We'd forgotten a couple of Paloma's presents that were in a different place.
She was exclaiming in excitement as she saw the Backyardigans when she unwrapped her present from her cousin Lucas. In the next moment, she asked urgently, "Can you open it?!?" She loved it. Thanks, Lucas!
I meant to let the kids open presents from my friend Charis early instead of late, but it was good that they had something to open because David & I hadn't opened our (token) gifts on Christmas. (We had decided not to get each other stuff really because we need to spend the money another way.)
David got a dancing Snoopy
and a cute tin of Snoopy cookie dough mix (though this was not the greatest gift since he can't really eat cookies--but he keeps getting cookie-mix kind of things to do with the kids). Gabe read the label on the bottom and said, "I know where you got this! Best Buy!" (It says "Best by" the date on the bottom.) I didn't tell him why I was taking his picture with it, but he didn't appreciate it, as you can see!
Oh yeah, and a couple of ties (I picked out) and some football helmets he found for his office.
Paloma tried on the shawl-thing I found for myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

sx