Each day is a little life.

Monday, April 21, 2008

Self-Serve/ Is today a Jackie day?

Poor Paloma has had more freedom than she knows what do do with since Eva's birth. When David leaves to take the kids to school, I'm sometimes still in bed, between sleeping and waking, nursing Eva, recovering from a long night. So Paloma finishes her breakfast and comes up to see us.

This morning, though, I was up. I was eating a bowl of cereal when I heard Eva awake on the monitor. I left my cereal on the table and went up to see about her.

A few minutes later, Paloma came up with a snack for me.

It was in my cereal bowl.

I looked in it and there were multicolored Goldfish that came from their goody bags from Mason's birthday.

I asked her how she got them, knowing they'd been out of her reach. She told me how she got the stool, climbed up and got the Goldfish from the basket, then found some scissors, cut the bag open and put them in my bowl for me.

But my cereal and milk were still in the bowl when I left.

"I finished it. And drank your milk!"

I was a little scared to go back and see the mess she'd made, but this was it:
Not too bad, but I was not interested in eating the Goldfish for some reason.

Later we went to Amy's house since Nesha called and said Jackie was coming over with Hannah and Rachel. I knew P would be thrilled to see Jackie since she still said almost everyday, "Is tomorrow a Miss Jackie day?"

Jackie gave the kids rides
and Paloma spent a lot of time in the play house

but finally got in the sandbox with the other girls.
Nesha cleaned everybody off with the hose before we went in.
Once inside, the air conditioning helped Eva wake up, so the kids wanted to hold her.



Amy?
And Nesha finally got a turn before we had to go home for P-Lo's naptime.

1 Comments:

At 7:29 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Does "Amy?" mean -- Mason looks like me with scary teeth in his mouth, or where is Amy, or Amy, what is wrong with your boy???

P-Lo can take care of herself!! I love it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

sx