Each day is a little life.

Friday, May 30, 2008

My baby boy is 6?!?!

Gabriel's birthday was my last day of work and the kids' last day at Gigi's house, so I thought it would be nice to let him get donuts.
He even got to go in and pick what he wanted and what to get for the girls.

He also got to carry the donuts in to Gigi's house--what a good helper!

Fast forward to when I came to pick them up: Paloma was NOT happy to see me (again). She let Lala hold her, though.

When I arrived, the kids asked if they could swim. Of course I said yes because it was Gabriel's birthday.
All of the kids enjoyed swimming with Hidy.
Gabe really had the best time with the hose.
It kinda reminds me of when he was one and all he wanted to do was turn a light switch on and off.
Gigi brought out lemonade for everybody.

And everyone loved on Eva a little bit!


After our swim we let Gabe pick where we'd eat dinner, and he chose Texas Roadhouse (as he usually does). I was happy to see several former students there--here are two, Ora and Pantera.
When the waiters came to sing, we were all surprised.
Gabe was a little apprehensive about getting on the saddle
and, not surprisingly, seemed a little embarrassed waving the napkin as they sang. ( I reminded him I had to dance like a chicken on my birthday!)
After we got the kids to bed, David & I started making cupcakes for Gabriel's party the next day.
I'd been planning this all week, but I was pleased with how well they turned out. (Luckily my husband is very good at writing with icing!)

2 Comments:

At 9:36 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

I love to see pictures of your dad with all the grandkids. You just cannot wipe a smile of that man's face. What an awesome HIDY!

 
At 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello all. As time winds down, I decided to go back into your blog to see what all the Magana's are doing. Such a treat to see all the smiling faces and wonderful shared events. Can I have a picture of the kids on Gigi and Hidy's swing? Hope all are well and I guess you are all probably off to Disneyland or will be soon. Love, Jackie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

sx