Each day is a little life.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The music group dressed in grass skirts for Wednesday of VBS.
Eva dressed up in a Hawaiian-print dress, too.
By the third day, adults figured out they needed to help with the bucket.
Eva fell asleep while I was up singing in front!
Pastor Rick had his little shadow, Grant, playing with him again this year.

In our classroom, our game was making a blanket "ocean" and bouncing a beach ball on it.




Carmen wasn't feeling well that day and ended up sitting in our room. I think she was also missing David and needing attention.
Each day the kids measured their offerings.
The incentive, besides helping people and following Christ's example, was getting to see Nathan get pied in the face!
I wanted to leave early because I had an interview, but I couldn't leave because the kids really wanted to see this.
It was a little hard to take the prayers seriously in the midst of this silliness.
Later Carmen and Gabriel stuck their little cocktail umbrellas in a cup of water at home to see the water change color. I found this note attached: Do NOT Drink. Thanks! Carmen and Gabe
Jackie came over to keep the kids during my interview.
They wanted to show her the Wall-E videos on the Pixar web site.
Eva had to check her out.
While Jackie was over, Paloma looked at an old photo album. She found a picture of herself as a baby and said, "That's me when I was a baby. I had a head like that!" (referring to her widow's peak).

I would write here about my first interview in 12 years (?!) and the things that led me to interview for another job, but I'm three months behind now, so I'm going to let it go.

I had a very difficult time at work starting in January and I did not want to go back when I left for spring break. I thought about writing about it here, but remembering Heather Armstrong from Dooce, I decided against it.

I will say that within 24 hours of my interview, I was relieved to find out I was not chosen for the job. I did not make a 3 year commitment to a job that would require me to work during the summer. I would have enjoyed the job, and I would have been great at it. I'm not sure I sold myself very well, and I may have telegraphed that I wasn't crazy about giving up summers or starting back to work at the end of July (when we had an August vacation planned).

And within hours of finding out I didn't get the job, I had decided to go back to school for a school library certificate. I've thought about being a librarian for many years. I took the first class in the degree program when I was pregnant with Gabriel, but it was so time-consuming that I didn't keep going. Now my neighbor who was in that class is the kids' school librarian!

1 Comments:

At 11:29 AM, Blogger Chrys and Mike said...

i love gabe's note on the cup. hilarious kid. he is so funny about notes and signs! i love it.

i should have put a note like that on the cup of water containing the first tooth i ever lost. we were in paducah and sweet granmommie accidentally threw it out b/c she had no idea my tooth was in that cup of water. needless to say, the tooth fairy was very generous that night--$5! i remember it well.

chrys

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

sx