Each day is a little life.

Monday, July 17, 2006

No INTERNET.

Just in case anybody ELSE out there has connectivity: I don't. I'm at Mom & Dad's house. I have lots to share and even have had a couple of chances, but TOO BAD, we have no service in our house. Comcast is sending someone out on Wednesday, but I'll be too busy getting ready to go to California at that point to do much blogging, I'm afraid.

Yesterday right when we were getting in the car to go to church I had a blood vessel pop and my leg swelled (just like the right one did in May) so I was stuck on the couch all day trying to keep it elevated. It was gross to look at, all blue and bulging, so that I thought I would be sick just from looking at it. It's better today, though it still hurts when it's touched, and my doctor didn't think it was anything to worry about. She was giving me advice about Disneyland instead! No kidding, I bet she spent 15 minutes giving me tips on what to do there; she went with her husband and two daughters last September and they had a blast. She said their favorite part was the character breakfast inside the castle, which caused them to go buy costumes. We have costumes, but I hate to pack them and carry them there...

The kids borrowed the Disney Sing-along Songs videos from Gigi's house and we watched the Disneyland one last night. Gabe said, "That's not really Mickey Mouse. It's just a man inside a Mickey Mouse costume!" So I'm wondering how much he'd get out of the character breakfast... but Lauren said when she went at around Carmen's age, she knew they weren't real but still enjoyed them, too. David said something about the shameless marketing to his kids, but I pointed out that these videos were probably made 20 years ago, so they were marketing to someone else's kids.

I missed my twenty year high school reunion this weekend. I went to the ten-year and had a blast, but then I was single and didn't have so much going on. I had just been on a date or maybe two with David. This time, all of the people I still see were NOT going. (We went with a couple of them to Splash on Friday, but that's another post.) I didn't want to show up (not to mention pay $70 per person) to not see anyone I knew. I decided instead to make an effort to find the people I've really been missing. I spent some time on Google and Classmates last week looking for some people I've lost contact with.

Where are you, Julie Howard Pherivong, Timmie Phumerick _?_, Lori Agan Keller, Shell Jennings Busbee, Adam Starr, Darryl Ferguson, Kim Kao Hines, Thomas Cates?

And of course there are others that I have some contact info for but never call, and would love to see... when we get our social life going again (?!)
Sanjay Mathur, Laura Carmichael, Mike & Anne St. John, Sandra & Brad Bowen.

At least in the past couple of months I've been able to see Tiffany, my friend since elementary school, and Stacy, my friend since 1990.

How did the summer get away without seeing the Hubers or Dana or even having a real conversation with Abbey?

I found out today that our dear friend Gordon (who was in our wedding and who we've vacationed with three times, in London, California, and New York) is getting married in New York on the same day Maria gets married in Los Angeles. We so would have been there if not for that conflict! Congratulations, Gordon, and we hope to meet your lovely bride very soon!

It's time to go get some dinner started... hope I'll be functional again and able to catch up on all of my blog-posting and blog-reading soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

sx