Each day is a little life.

Saturday, July 08, 2006






Take Me Out to the Ballgame Already!

Gabe went to his first game when he was a few weeks old, but Paloma just got her first taste. At least we had good seats (little good that did for me!). I was informed yesterday that there was almost a full moon hanging over the ballpark right in front of my face.

We went with several families from our Sunday school class and their kids. I twisted Lauren's arm to go with us since she hadn't been in years. Got there in time for the National Anthem (important to me).

After the kids had consumed a burger, pretzel, Cracker Jacks, water and "movie Cars" fruit snacks, a kid next to Gabe had cotton candy. I tamed that by telling him, we'll get some this week at Kroger! Next, Carmen's friend's dad bought her a Lemon Chill. Gabe decided he needed chocolate milk. Our seats were far above Home Plate, but the vendor that sells chocolate milk is on the ground level behind 2nd base, so Lala, Paloma (in Baby Bjorn) and Gabe & I made the trek in search of chocolate milk. While we were out, Paloma lost one of her tennis shoes (hand-me-downs from Maya--it was her first time to wear them!). We spent the rest of the game retracing our steps (only an inning or so).

Still had a great time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

sx