Each day is a little life.

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Has it really been a year?

This is Paloma's valentine from last year that I could never get to post correctly. It was inspired by all of her Valentine's Day hand-me-downs, the "Love Is" comic, and Beatles songs.
Again this year we have more Valentine's wear than she can model this week, but I couldn't get it together to do anything like this.

Oh, and if you want to read a touching, sad story also inspired by the Beatles, read this. I've remembered it for a couple of years.

Last year I was able to go to Carmen's V-day party, but this year our senior project presentations were scheduled today.

A friend of mine who teaches at our rival high school said all she heard from kids today was that we got out early for Valentine's day. Yeah, right. Because it's such a good idea to leave teenagers unsupervised all afternoon on the romantic holiday of the year. . .

Speaking of unsupervised teenagers, I read this today online at Washington post. It's about the "Choking Game". Absolutely terrifying.

And one other link I must share: have you read finslippy or Wonderland? They're by the same writer. Fabulous. I especially appreciated this post (Teen pregnancies on the rise)
and this one (Women! Stop upsetting the Internet with your breastfeeding!).

1 Comments:

At 10:05 AM, Blogger Amy said...

scary - i used to play that black out game

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

sx