Each day is a little life.

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Patriotism

I dreamt that David was leaving for Iraq and we were spending a few days in Washington first.

Weird. And a reminder of what a wimp I am for worrying about being without him for 3 days. Some military wives and husbands are without their spouses for years at a time doing their duty for us. Which is probably why I dreamt this within a few days of the Superbowl, when we called the kids to come hear the National Anthem and Gabe replied that he didn't care... David jerked a knot in that chain and I heard a more patriotic speech out of him at that point than I ever have before!

I have to give a speech like that each trimester at school as I get a new group of kids who are apathetic about standing for and saying the pledge!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

sx