Each day is a little life.

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Gabe's kindergarten Thanksgiving

My friend Amy covered my class so that I was able to get away long enough to go to Gabriel's class's Thanksgiving feast. (BTW, Amy told me then how our daughters had been teased at school on the Trinity/ Bell game day because their moms are losers because we work at Bell! Carmen had not shared this information, but Tori had.)

I was so glad I went because almost all of the kids had a parent there. And because Gabe looked adorable and I would have missed this:






I recognized many familiar faces including our neighbors and the daughter of another English teacher in the district (with whom I graduated high school) so I was able to send her a picture of her daughter Taylor.

I also met some other moms for the first time including one who invited Gabriel to come over to play. I think it'd be great for him to get to play with another boy now and then.
So anyway I am THANKFUL, among other things:
that this year, unlike 2 years ago when Carmen was in Kindergarten but I was too busy with yearbook, I am able to go to things for Gabriel,
that I have friends to cover for me so that I can do things like this at the last minute,
that Gabe has a great teacher and good friends in his class,
and that he is doing well in school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

sx