Each day is a little life.

Monday, February 25, 2008

Bedrest


So the sciatica is back, now more on than off & on.

On Friday afternoon, I was quite uncomfortable no matter whether sitting or standing, and putting weight on my left leg, even accidentally and briefly, caused me to yelp.

But David brought me breakfast in bed Saturday morning and afterwards I met Gigi at the annual Book Swap where I looked through the first 3-4 long tables of books for almost 2 hours. That's how long it took us to find enough to use the 180 coupons I'd received for donating books to Carmen & Gabe's school. When we were done, we loaded them into Hidy's car and sent them home to their house (because our house is piled high with books in every room, to the point where I just have to pay when the kids lose a library book, because there is so little chance of us finding it if I don't know what it looks like).

After the book swap, I went straight to the heating pad on the bed and hardly moved again for many hours. I read and slept. And I finished The Memory Keeper's Daughter. Post to follow soon about that! It was really good, and I was sorry when it was over.

On Sunday I managed a little more activity since I repositioned myself in the recliner downstairs with the laptop. I preregistered for both hospitals. I took the kids to Mom's for lunch. (David had to work, so even though it required walking, it was the easiest way to feed the kids!)

After lunch, I brought the kids home and put Paloma down for a nap. The big kids got to walk to Joe & Susan's house for Abuelo's birthday and A&A's anniversary celebration. When David got off of work, he went there and picked up the kids and brought Martha and A&A to see me (and brought cake and banana bread).

When I went to work Monday morning, I sent an email to two administrators telling them my plan: to park in visitor parking and keep my feet up as much as possible because I really needed to make it through the week to finish finals and grades because the trimester (and my current 4 classes) was coming to an end in 4 days. I explained I was avoiding being put on bedrest; didn't hear much from the office, but my friends were very helpful and the kids were fairly sympathetic.

1 Comments:

At 7:27 PM, Blogger Chrys and Mike said...

Bless your heart! I don't know how you're doing everything you're doing. You are a TROOPER!

Chrys

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

sx