Each day is a little life.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Why I don't go to Tom Thumb

OK, so David told me that if I'd shop at Tom Thumb instead of Albertson's, Target or Walmart, we'd get more miles. And after shopping all spring for a vacation deal, I'd really like to have some miles.

So one day recently we went to Tom Thumb. Carmen & Gabe like to go there because they have child-sized carts that they like to drive around the store, "helping". But I don't like to go there. It's small, the parking lot is a pain, and, worst of all, the carts are all worn-out.



When we got there, I was holding Paloma on my left hip. C&G had their cart (I made them take turns with it), but I could not find one with an intact seat belt for P-Lo (an absolute necessity right now, since she wants to climb and get around). I pulled out cart after cart. Some of them stuck together, you know, so it was hard to do with one arm. A few carts in, we were blocking the whole entrance to the store. I wish I had a picture of that. People who were trying to get in had to make a path through the carts that had broken or missing seats and seat belts.

Several minutes later, a manager came to see if I needed help. I did! We found one, almost all the way at the wall. I think he now knows there is a problem.



We got our groceries, but Paloma was in rare form: wouldn't let go of the bananas (and other things) without shrieking. We did get this photo before we left. I wanted you, my readers, to be able to visualize how many carts I was talking about. I actually think it was more than this, and it covered about twice this amount of space.



We have not been back to Tom Thumb since.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

sx