Each day is a little life.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Paloma's "class"

I had tried to take Paloma to her normal library storytime each Wednesday since I was able to drive, but this was the first time we successfully attended it. (One time the library was being treated for termites; another day we were running too late because Miss Priss was not cooperating—she didn’t want to get dressed.)

Nesha called and asked if we were coming. When we arrived she came to the car to get us because the storytime was being held outside (because they were getting new carpet inside, I think).

Anyway I finally got to see Ms. Letta that Paloma always talks about (she calls this her class) at her “fravorite” library. This storytime was about animals and was cute with songs, actions, and of course, several books.

Before I knew it, it was over. “This is it?” I asked Nesha, realizing that it was probably normal since toddlers and preschoolers aren’t known for their attention spans. She laughed, but I was left thinking of the country album called something like, “Did I shave my legs for this?”

After storytime I talked to one of the local school board candidates and then we went to meet David for lunch at Ali Baba. It was the first time his coworkers had met Eva and the first time they’d seen Paloma in a year (Carol or Barbara said she was in squeaky shoes the last time she was there). Paloma wasn’t very happy, though, because she wanted to get a snack from Daddy’s office. She remembered the vending machines from some other time she’d been there, but this time they were out of order. She cheered up when he got her a granola bar out of his desk drawer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

sx